Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 - A Year of Change?

Is 2008 going to be a year of change?

Or is it going to be lots of noise and talk and bull hockey, with no real change at all?

Shoot, I don't know!

I can say that it's going to be interesting as the politics get deeper and mudslinging gets uglier. And there's a whole lotta mud that's going to be slung. The Clinton machine is churning away. Obama is looking better by the minute. Edward's wife is looking tired (I need to pray for that woman, she needs ALL our strength and prayers as she continues to battle cancer). The Republicans are in about the same boat, lots of uncertainty.

Bottom line, which candidate has the best ability to win? Who can win the hearts of Americans? Actually, it's more of business as usual -- who is going to be the best of a bunch of bad choices?

I like Obama. I'm just not sure he's going to be able to win this year.

I don't like too many of the other Democratic candidates.

I pretty much don't like any of the Republicans.

Most of the other candidates aren't viable.

I'll be honest, I don't know who's going to win the election.

One thing I do know: No matter what any candidate promises the American public, if he/she thinks anything will be accomplished without the cooperation of Congress, he/she is a fool. And we're fools for believing anything different...

No comments: